This Website is operated by KHAN DIRECT LIMITED.
Khan Direct Limited is a UK company whose registered office is at KINGS ROAD LONDON E11 1AU. The terms ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to Khan Direct Limited. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
2. Acceptance of Terms.
You acknowledge that you have read, and agree
- to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation U.S. export and re-export control laws and regulations regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
3. Information on the Website.
While every effort is made to update the information contained on this website, neither Khan Direct Limited nor any third party or data or content provider make any representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the sequence, accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, opinions, research information, data and/or content contained on the website (including but not limited to any information which may be provided by any third party or data or content providers) (“information”) and shall not be bound in any manner by any information contained on the website. Khan Direct Limited reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of this website. No information shall be construed as advice and information is offered for information purposes only. You rely on the information contained on this website at your own risk. If you find an error or omission at this site, please let us know.
© Copyright 2000-2016 Khan Direct Limited. All Rights Reserved. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to Khan Direct Limited. The unauthorized copying, displaying or other use of any Content from this site is a violation of the law. You acknowledge having been advised by Khan Direct Limited that the Content is protected in the U.S. and internationally by a variety of laws, including but not limited to, copyright laws and treaty provisions, trademark laws, patent laws and other proprietary rights laws (collectively, “Rights”). In addition to Khan Direct Limited’s Rights in individual elements of the Content, Khan Direct Limited or its licensors own a copyright in the selection, coordination and arrangement of the Content and the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and associated source code of the website.
5. Intellectual Property Rights.
- make a copy, whether hand-drawn, printed, screen-captured or in any other form, of any part of this website,
- store any part of the website in a retrieval system, or
- transmit, in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording and/or otherwise) the website or any part of it without our prior written consent.
Unless otherwise specified, the trademarks, names, logos and service marks (collectively “trademarks”) displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of Khan Direct Limited. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trademark without the prior written permission of Khan Direct Limited.
7. External Links.
Khan Direct Limited makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website, the information contained on the website, your personal information or material and information transmitted over our system.
9. Disclaimer of Liability.
Khan Direct Limited shall not be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party (including your company), as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website, any information contained on the website, your or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system. In particular, neither Khan Direct Limited nor any third party or data or content provider shall be liable in any way to you or to any other person, firm or corporation whatsoever for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever arising from any delays, inaccuracies, errors in, or omission of any information or the transmission thereof, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon or occasioned thereby or by reason of non-performance or interruption, or termination thereof.
10. Use of the Website.
11. Access and Availability.
While we endeavour to ensure that this website is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
11.2 Unexpected Downtime.
Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England.
- are to be read in conjunction with the product Services Agreement executed by your company and Khan Direct Limited; or
No indulgence or extension of time which either you or Khan Direct Limited may grant to the other will constitute a waiver of or, whether by estoppel or otherwise, limit any of the existing or future rights of the grantor in terms hereof, save in the event or to the extent that the grantor has signed a written document expressly waiving or limiting such rights.
13.7 Applicable laws.
13.8 Special Medical Disclaimer
Medicine is an ever-changing science. As new research and clinical experience broaden out knowledge, changes in treatment and drug therapy are required. In view of the possibility of human error or changes in medical sciences, neither khandirect.com nor its licensors warrant that the information contained in the product content is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or the results obtained from the use of such information. Users are encouraged to confirm the information contained in the product content with other sources. For example, and in particular, users are advised to check the product information sheet included in the package of each drug they plan to administer to be certain that the information contained in the product content is accurate and that changes have not been made in the recommended dose or in the contraindications for administration. This recommendation is particularly important in connection with new or infrequently used drugs.
13.9 Comments or Questions.
khandirect.com welcomes you as a valued customer. Because we want to make your shopping experience simple and as safe as possible, you are required to enter into a customer license with khandirect.com which explains what we promise to observe and what we require you to observe while using our services, including browsing our site.
We may change the customer license from time to time. If we do, we will post the new version on our site. Although any change will take place immediately it is posted on our site, we welcome your comments on any such changes.
What we promise to do
- We promise to protect your privacy. Except if required by law, we promise not to divulge any information that you provide to us. We use the information we collect about you to process orders, including calculating the amount payable, and to otherwise communicate with you. We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to our licensees. We promise that these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- We promise to support your purchase. In the event that you require assistance with any product purchase, we promise to provide you with assistance.
- We promise to keep you informed of changes in products and services. We may add, delete or change some or all of our services at any time, including the manner in which those services are to be accessed. We will endeavour to keep you informed of these changes by publishing details on our website. While we will use our best endeavours, we do not guarantee that our service or products will be available at all times or in all locations.
What you promise to do
- By using our services, including browsing our site, you promise to observe these principles.
- You promise to respect copyright and otherwise observe the law. That is, you promise to not use any product that we have supplied other than on the terms (including this Customer License and our Terms of Website Use) upon which it was supplied to you.
- You may view this Website and its contents using a web browser. You may make copies of portions of this Website solely for your own personal use (information, research or study) provided that you do not modify the copy from how it appears on the Website and that you include the copyright notice “Copyright © 2000-2016 Khan Direct Limited and contributors”, and any other copyright notice which appears with the material you are copying, on the copy that you make.
- Save for the foregoing, you promise not to reproduce, transmit, make available, adapt, modify, frame (by whatever means), link to, forward, create derivative works based upon, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, sublicense, or in any way commingle the Content with other third party content, do any other act of copyright, or otherwise use any of the material on the site without first obtaining the written permission of khandirect.com (email@example.com), or unless specifically permitted by applicable copyright legislation.
- You promise to pay for our products and services. Joining khandirect.com is free. You are required to pay all applicable taxes.
- You promise to provide us with accurate information.
- You promise to keep any product in the form in which it was supplied to you. We may include other information (including information identifying the author, the copyright owner, or the terms upon which the product is supplied) to any product supplied to you. You promise not to circumvent any measures that we have taken to protect the rights in the product that we have supplied, including removing this information or otherwise facilitating an infringement of copyright.
- You promise not to compromise the integrity of our software or systems. That is, you promise not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the khandirect.com Website or any of the software that we supply to you for the purposes of providing you with a product.
- You promise not to take action of any kind against us in the event of our termination of this agreement, non-supply, or unfitness for purpose. That is, you release khandirect.com, its servants and agents (“us”) from any liability if we terminate or suspend your entitlement to use our services. We will only do this if you fail to observe one of these principles. You release us from any liability if we fail to provide you with a service or a product within a reasonable period after you request it. You release us from any liability if the software that we provide to you is not suitable for your existing hardware or software. Some jurisdictions do not permit the disclaimer of implied warranties, in which case this disclaimer will not apply to you. You may have rights additional to this agreement and which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
One User Per Book
- Our products are sold under licence from book publishers. An important condition of the licence is that, when you buy a product from khandirect.com, it can only be used by one individual. Lending and sharing is not permitted.
- It is not permitted to buy one copy of a product and then load it onto multiple devices for several people to use. Nor can you load a book onto a device and then pass the device on to multiple individuals one after another.
- If you buy a product and give it to another person, it is theirs to keep for life. But they may not then lend or share it with another user.
- If you want to provide, say, 20 copies of a product to 20 people, you will need to pay for 20 copies, and then distribute the products to the 20 people. (We’ll show you how.)
Expiry of Vouchers, Gift Certificates and Store Credits
- If you receive a gift certificate, store credit of voucher (“Voucher”) that can be redeemed in exchanged for products, said Voucher will expire 24 months after the date of issue.
By purchasing from khandirect.com these items (“the Items”), entitled [shown on order page] I acknowledge that:
- I am [customer name];
- I have read the terms of the Customer License which I accepted on [date (being a date inserted by our systems and recorded in it)];
- I am bound by the limitations on copying embedded in the reader software supplied with the Items; and
- I further acknowledge that these limitations override (to the extent permitted by law) any right that I might have to use the Items under the copyright legislation in the country of use.
products you purchase from khandirect.com are eligible for return and refund if we receive your request within seven days of the date of purchase.
If a product does not perform as described, you may return it for a refund at any time.
When a refund is granted, we’ll remove access to the product and your money will be returned. To submit a refund request, please contact our help desk.
If a product becomes corrupted or requires replacement during the normal course of use, you can re-download it from your khandirect.com account.
Refunds will not be granted in situations of purchase abuse.